Rinas Airport, called today Tirana International Airport Nënë Tereza, was constructed from 1955 to 1957 within 25 km from Tirana. Today it is the only one large international airport in Albania with a tightly scheduled departures and arrivals from major European cities.
History and general information
The airport was built in two years (1955-1957) and was named after the blessed mother Theresa in 2001. From 2005 to 2008 the International Airport of Tirana was underreconstruction and modernization, which increased the maximum capacity of the airport to 1.8 million passengers per year. According to experts, on the eve of simplifying of the entry procedure into the Schengen countries for Albanian residents this capacity will be sufficient for the passenger flow’s increase.
– Vodafone office (Arrivals Hall)
ATM and banks
– Tirana Bank ATM
– Check-in hall Area. A 24-hour service
– Raiffeisen Bank ATM- Check-in Area
– Procredit Bank ATM
– Arrival Area. A 24-hour service
In accordance with the strict no smoking airport policy, there is only one designated area in the Airport where smoking is allowed: in a dedicated lounge at Segafredo Bar.
Bars and restaurants
– Airport bar (Arrivals Hall)
– Piazza bar–restaurant (Arrivals Hall)
– Segafredo Bar (Departures Hall)
– Coli’s Bar (Departures Hall)
Free Wireless Internet
– Internet service through WiFi connections is available free of charge
Lost & Found
Should your luggage did not arrive yet, please contact our Lost & Found office of the Airport at the following phone numbers:
Office: + 355 4 2381 681
Office: + 355 4 2381 682