Please check if you have all documents required for entering the republic of Albania:
- Travel documents for adults and children
- Plane tickets
- Travel agency or hotel voucher
- For a child under 18 y.o. travelling alone the original of the document signed by both parents and certified by notary is required.
- International driving licence in case you plan to rent a car in Albania.
Albania has visa free regime with many countries. To check if you require a visa or not please visit the web site of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Albania – www.punetejashtme.gov.al
The following limit of goods is allowed to be imported to Albania:
- Tobacco products: 200 cigarettes or 100 cigarills, or 50 cigars, or 250 gr of tobacco
- Alcohol and alcoholic beverages: 1 litre of spirits or beverages exceeding 22% vol., as well as 2 litres of ordinary wines or any other beverages not exceeding 22% vol.
- 10 litres of beer
Pets are allowed to enter Albania holding a passport and a medical certificate proving the recent vaccination of your pet against rabies. More detailed information regarding import and export of goods can be found on official web site of the Customs Service of the Republic of Albania: www.dogana.gov.al
Climate of Albania
The lowlands and coastal Albania has a Mediterranean climate, while the highlands and the mountain area is characterized by a continental climate. The warmest months are July and August when the average temperatures are approximately +32°С. Winter temperatures vary from +5°С to +15°С . The swimming season lasts from May to September, it is the most preferable time for visiting the country for beach holidays or sightseeing tours.
Albania is in Central Europe time zone +01:00 GMT.